View Single Post
      03-28-2024, 10:16 PM   #38
ddavtian
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 X6M, 20 X4M CE, 24 X6 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyasaxa View Post
Right, so much for “Ultimate Driving Machine,” and f- that guy for lamenting its passing, I guess?

And dude for the old people whining about the complaint about bladders, … it’s great that you can’t go 2 hours without having to stop. But my complaint is that whenever someone complains about range, inevitably some of you come out of the woodwork to excuse the deplorable inpracticability by claiming 4-6 hours of drive time isn’t necessary because you have to stop every 10 minutes to empty your bladders. That’s great for you. You’re old. The rest of us would like to be able to drive 4-5 hours at a time without stopping, and without having to hypermile and draft behind semi trucks. The fact that some people can’t drive for that long at a stretch doesn’t mean that the use case for the longer range product is pointless.

The other issue here is that range is a close proxy for efficiency. EVs are hypersensitive to changes in temperature, speed, wind resistance, and elevation. So your 300-mile range quickly becomes 225 miles in the real world. And we don’t want to have to stop for 20 minutes at a time.
You're not old, great. And don't want to stop every few hours. Great. Don't get an EV, it's not ready for you.

"old people whining about bladders" - I didn't see whining in this thread. You just like to complain about old people )
Appreciate 6
RoGo330i144.00
SkykingUSA1425.50
Scrapula2851.50
Deho251.50
VR1641.00