View Single Post
      05-31-2023, 10:00 AM   #2525
shawnhayes
Major
Rep
Drives: 22M5 CS,23X5E,24M3 CS,24 i4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
if both vehicles need it, then i wouldnt count it in to the maintenance cost difference. if you want to include tires, then its 2k for the camry, and 1k for the tesla. for a net of 1k more in maintenance for the camry.

I priced them both for 2023s off discount tire.
It's maintenance for them both. Tire cost and how much they wear them out is very important. I'll bet the Tesla wears out more expensive tires faster. My i8 wore out back tires like there was no tomorrow.

The whole thing centered around calling $2k in 60,000 miles for the camry not valid. It is. AND, honestly, if you're going to keep the damn thing, a transmission oil drain and fill as well as brake fluid, and probably brake pads. And one coolant drain and flush. Brake pads age, and don't brake as well at five years. It's just part of owning the car. As well as insurance, and property tax.

I'm not myopic on any of these. Not at all. But I CAN tell you that when maintained similar ways, the overall cost on an electric certainly SEEMS smaller when writing the checks, even when you DIY like I do (except tires and alignments, those machines are expensive).

Shawn
Appreciate 0