Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 & 2024 i5

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.blue View Post
I really like that color, my favorite view is the side and rear from the pictures. BMW did a great job with the wheels on the 5. I’d much rather have these than the ones on the 7series. Congratulations and great specs.

Just curious, how is the Bowers and Wilkins audio system in the I5? Is it any where near the sound in the 7 series?
Haven’t heard the 7 Series Sound System yet, but i can say the Bowers and Wilkins sounds good. Not GREAT. At first I was a bit underwhelmed by them. They were loud and had clean mids but it felt like the low end wasn’t thick enough. So I played around with the Tone settings and enabled Logic 7 Surround Sound, and THEN it started to sound really good. Loud, Wide, Clean, Bass was a bit punchier. It’s really good for the average person, but for an Audiophile, It can be better.

I imagine this is why everyone wants the Diamond Surround Sound option from the i7. I’ve heard nothing but great things about it. However I am also aware that the Speakers Power have a pretty significant impact on the Cars battery life. So we’ll see what BMW does in the next few years with this.
Appreciate 0