04-08-2024, 10:59 AM   #31
Mac545
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw i5 M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVaGe View Post
Hi All,
What a relief to see this post ... that I'm not alone. I informed my dealer 2,5 months ago, they tried do find out themselves, but they are not 100% convinced. They problem is really only noticeable at 125 km/h or 77 mph. And they just drove for 10 seconds at that speed. The workers over there over overloaded.
My problem is exactly as described above : impossible to keep lanes in manual mode. I always use 'driving assistence' and you can feel the car making constant corrections.
But the danger is when the diving assistence switches off, eg. no road signalisation, or I touch the brakes ... at that moment it is very difficult to control the car, imagine there happens a car accident in front of me, how can I avoid a collision ???

My idea is that there is something wrong with the alignment? The dealer want to check this, but they are also thinking of replacing the stearing colon, a 48-volt type due to the stearing back wheels.

I have a i5 edrive 40, with M-performance pack (a bit lower) and stearing back wheels that can turn 3% or so.

What is your setup ?
I have been logging my issues before taking into my BMW dealer so I can give them as much data as possible.

I have M60 (rear wheel steering same as you) and my issues are completely RANDOM it seems. As I mentioned in earlier post, I drive the same route to and from work, with different roads and speeds from 30-70mph. There is no consistency to when the steering gets “stuck”…..

My thoughts were also tracking issues. But it even feels like the wheels are all moving independently from each other sometimes….it’s such a difficult issue to describe! 😩
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA1434.50