View Single Post
      05-14-2023, 11:33 AM   #2262
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
The thread is "Still want an EV". There has been lots of discussion about the pros and cons of EV's. I think a lot of folks aren't happy with the notion the government is going to force EV's upon them when frankly EV's as they stand now and for the fore seeable future don't fit the needs of a very large percentage of the population. Allow EV's to grow their market share organically and then lets talk about Do you still Want and EV.

The discussion I think naturally moved to all the challenges facing production, infrastructure and energy production, the practicality, range anxiety, environmental impact on battery life, impact of mining and the social aspects of those who must do the mining.

I think it's safe to say, all of those points are part of the discussion and they have entered into it because of politics.
i will add... would EVs be remotely as advanced if politics didn't get involved?

tax breaks, infrastructure etc? so yea, politics are part of the EV discussion entirely... as far as tech... i appreciate what Tesla has done but question whether it is fair for them to get a tax break (especially at the price range they operate at)... so yea, its 110% politics