05-13-2023, 10:45 PM   #2258
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Patton250 and M5Rick both stated it well, without the government forcing component, there would be no market for EV. If the EV market grew organically as a new fuel source say because of hydrocarbon depletion, then the discussion would be focused more on the cars, but that is not the case. And the concerns regarding EV range, recharge rates, convenience, total environmental impact and cost are legitimate issues, all which do not match any ICE equivalent.

This Forum is full of discussion regarding ICE vehicles and members posting their opinions on what vehicle is best. And the design of ICE vehicles is as much dictated by government standards for emissions, fuel consumption, and safety, all of which I have personally discussed over my tenure on E90 Post.

My other argument against ICE banning mandates are they limit advancement in development and adoption of other fuel efficient technologies, such has pure series hybrids, which I post about all the time on car forums. My background in engineering and science tells me BEV are limited by physics and chemistry to reach equivalency to ICE at the same price point. Essentially mandating BEV severely limits other technologies that maybe and are (IMO) better solutions. Series hybrid EV and parallel hybrids EV are very good solutions as alternates to BEV.

Why should none of those such discussions be had on an automotive internet forum? Why should such discussions not be had, which may get others to think more about the leadership they choose through the electoral process. As long as the discussions remain civil, I see no issue with it and rather encourage it.
You can discuss whatever you like as far as I'm concerned (as far as the management around here is concerned... ). I mean you have already been doing so for 100 pages. I just don't agree that they "are" political. Pretty much anything can be political if that's the lens you wish to view it through.
Appreciate 0