05-13-2023, 07:29 AM   #2245
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
I have been watching the man in many different interviews over the past couple months and I just don’t see him letting Twitter go back to the one-sided cesspool it was before. I mean I don’t really go there anyway but I listen to people that talk about what’s happening over there. It’s been moving in an extremely positive direction since he took over.
I find it quite disheartening when an immigrant from South Africa recognizes the significance of an AMERICAN company, which provides a worldwide PUBLIC platform for discussion on topics of the day, bans an American President from using the platform to promote direct communication with the citizens of the US. That immigrant from South Africa finds it so repulsive he buys said AMERICAN company so it will include speech from all users of the platform. Why anyone would find that problematic is not comprehensible.

It would be interesting to see the reactions back in the day, say in 1965, if Frederick Kappel created a device that monitored telephone calls and disconnected a call just because he found the topic of discussion offensive and not to his liking, and would not let those two telephones connect ever again.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 05-13-2023 at 08:09 AM..
Appreciate 2
Patton2502939.50