tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortexiphan View Post
But this change needs to be imposed by the government.
Educating you is much harder than putting out some new regulations. Also, government needs to protect me and my son and future generations from catastrophe. That's why the government exists.

Humans aren't that smart. When government doesn't force people to put on seatbelts, they don't wear them and die in the first 20mph accident they get into. When it doesn't force people to stop buying guns, they do and kill random people. When it doesn't force them to dump all their chemical waste into rivers, they do and kill animals and poison people. When it doesn't force them to stop smoking, they do and kill themselves. You got the idea. Or maybe not. Probably not - and that's why you need to be forced.
That's why we humans choose a government and give them the right to regulate. That's called the Social Contract.

EVs won't solve climate change by themselves. But it's a part of it. If you're obese, you wouldn't say "I can eat this large pizza by myself. Not eating this won't put me in shape anyway, so f/ck it".
You do realize humans are running the government, right? Interesting dichotomy you state.

Well, I could address each of these items, but I’m not going to waste my time, because it wouldn’t make any difference to you or to me. We obviously view the world in polar opposite ways and neither of us is going to change our minds. I’ll just say this. My view on the majority of the things you mentioned is very different than you think it is.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!