View Single Post
      05-11-2023, 10:20 PM   #276
bavarianboar
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i, 2020 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Well they are building the last g30 now , some people on these forums waiting for theirs are are just being built. I guess dingolfing is getting everything set up to start priding the production cars. I wonder how many preproduction cars are existence, presumably quite a few as they will some for photography for brochures.
Must be a interesting industry to be in.
Even though I decided against a g60 for several reasons and go for a g30 m550 , I’m still very interested to see one in the metal.
With the possible exception of the e60, the fives have always been great cars so the g60 has a lot to live up to.

I also wonder if anyone has already test driven a preproduction car without all the camouflage on for a review and currently under a NDA.?
Unlikely anyone other than a BMW employee or some very trusted folks have seen the car in metal. The renderings are coming from what folks remember seeing, so definitely there has to be some crowd. However, it’s uncertain/unlikely anyone got to test drive it on open road without the camo, the automotive paparazzo would have caught it

So test drives only in camo and likely stationary parked vehicles in factory, or r&d/design facilities with no camo. It’s got to be under security.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT2 View Post
I think production will start this summer, so we should see them in person by early/mid fall, I would think.
Was told be a helpful BMWFS agent that these cars (i5 and the new 5) won’t show up before end of the year stateside. Perhaps priority is Europe for first few months (summer production vehicles).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
May the 24 th is the official announcement
I making the assumption that it will be at the Munich motor show in sepetember
Hoping we will hear all available engine variants and their release date worldwide in May, that would help a lot of us plan. If it’s only focused on i5, the confirmation on the gasoline engines will likely wait until later date. Perhaps someone knows what’s to be announced!

Driving: 2020 540i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa - Dec 2019 BTO - Feb 2020 Delivery
Returned: 2016 535i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa :: 2014 F30 335i M-Sport Min Grey, Coral Red :: 2011 E90 328i Deep Sea Blue, Oyster Dakota
Appreciate 0