View Single Post
      06-04-2023, 08:54 PM   #234
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
He got Lewis to basically admit he was going with Merc next year. He said he looked forward to Mercs progress with current car and into next year.
yeah that's true.
I wonder if he made up his mind right there after having the confirmation that MERC made significant progress with removing their nopod design or that his contract is already signed. I think Toto also hinted on that signing the new contract was a matter of a cup of coffee, so maybe they both agreed upon that the contract will be extended once the MERC's upgrades had been proven a step up (so basically this race).

This race showed some interesting things, 1: mainly that the merc now is potentially as good as, or even better than the AMR, 2: Ferrari's progress is moving backwards, that they'll loose being the runner up team from last year to 4th team is a real scenario, and if they don't take action, they'll even risk getting beat by Alpine...
Ferrari is in a shitty position right now.

Also it's pretty much clear now that STR won't race ALO, and that he's basically there to maximize either ALO's performance (which makes sense, they pay a lot of money for ALO) or the team's performance. A wise decision. My guess is that he'll quit racing in 1 or 2 years and take over his fathers (chairman) position (I can't imagine him taking over Mike Krack's (team principal) position unless he leaves)
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 06-04-2023 at 09:06 PM..
Appreciate 3
M5Rick61364.50
DrFerry6731.50