Idontliketrying
BMW Client Advisor
Rep
Drives: 2023 Bmw M3 CX

Garage List
2023 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alewifebp View Post
Allocations are based on the size of the dealer and relationship with BMW. Look at it this way as an extreme example. You go to the dealer and want a stripped X1, yet the dealer has slots in near future for high margin M cars. The dealer is going to say, please take something we have one on the lot, because they are going to make a lot on the incoming slots.

But plenty of dealers have slots that will replace an incoming car with the exact one you want. Some dealers are just more flexible. No reason to have to wait more than 2 to 3 months from order to delivery.
I can’t speak for all dealers but I can speak for mine some sales people will push you to something incoming bc of there quota but if you want a specific spec we have no problem ordering, we get allocations monthly for every model the amount we get is based on sales if we don’t sell what we have by the end of the month bmw gives us less so my dealer will punch them as demos or service loaners to not get grief from bmw and keep the allocations flowing. 2 months ago we got over 60 allocations for 330 and some models with allocation you can flex meaning if you have a manual m3 allocation you can change it to a Xdrive or rwd and it will still be that 111/112 status. 2-3 months is ideal for wait time but remember those X1 still come from Germany and a recall can fuck a client over IE the IX with the interior trim delayed us a bit over a month cars were held at VPC
Appreciate 3
SkykingUSA1445.00
Sisyrx251.50
Scrapula2881.50