View Single Post
      05-24-2023, 12:26 AM   #219
bavarianboar
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i, 2020 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT2 View Post
I just don’t have a mindset to compare this to the G30 as better or worse. It’s a separate car and a separate judgement for me. Maybe that’s because I’m enamored with my M550 right now and there really won’t be another one. I certainly see the M560e as being a new species and not a continuation of its predecessor in the lineup. If I were still driving the 540 and had no affinity for the (almost) all ICE V8, perhaps I’d look at it differently.

Regardless, it’s nice to not be looking with much bias and just waiting to see if I like it, all on its own.

There is just so much change happening in operating systems, interior methods of utility, interior design, and of course powertrains that it doesn’t seem like much of an evolution, outside of exterior styling.

I won’t be in the market for the G60 anytime soon and will hopefully have my G30 M550 for a long time (beyond daily driving duty). But that’s not as much a function of my judgement on the G60 as it is a function of how much I love what I’ve got.

It seems unpopular to be positive around here, but I honestly think it’s going to pretty awesome and I hope it sells like hotcakes. I want the 5 series to be around for a long long time. It’s a great segment.
Well said, it's going to be a great car all said and done. Like I may have said before, design wise it may make the pre-LCI G30 look outdated (that's mine). (I am toying with the idea of buying my lease or getting something else for 2+ years gap before the B58 variants start to become commonplace)

Something we don't hear much (yet) about is the chassis changes, improvement in handling, steering, suspension, rear wheel steering?, and the expected enhanced driver assistance.

Take that all away and even for a barebones vehicle if it does well on the range (PHEV) and handling/driving dynamics is a bigger step than a mild evolution. Design (exterior and interior) as you rightly said is just one element that first line for marketing.

Driving: 2020 540i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa - Dec 2019 BTO - Feb 2020 Delivery
Returned: 2016 535i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa :: 2014 F30 335i M-Sport Min Grey, Coral Red :: 2011 E90 328i Deep Sea Blue, Oyster Dakota
Appreciate 3
AidenL81.50
NGT25697.00
jphcbpa316.00