View Single Post
      05-24-2023, 12:14 AM   #218
NGT2
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i xDrive (2020)

Garage List
I just don’t have a mindset to compare this to the G30 as better or worse. It’s a separate car and a separate judgement for me. Maybe that’s because I’m enamored with my M550 right now and there really won’t be another one. I certainly see the M560e as being a new species and not a continuation of its predecessor in the lineup. If I were still driving the 540 and had no affinity for the (almost) all ICE V8, perhaps I’d look at it differently.

Regardless, it’s nice to not be looking with much bias and just waiting to see if I like it, all on its own.

There is just so much change happening in operating systems, interior methods of utility, interior design, and of course powertrains that it doesn’t seem like much of an evolution, outside of exterior styling.

I won’t be in the market for the G60 anytime soon and will hopefully have my G30 M550 for a long time (beyond daily driving duty). But that’s not as much a function of my judgement on the G60 as it is a function of how much I love what I’ve got.

It seems unpopular to be positive around here, but I honestly think it’s going to pretty awesome and I hope it sells like hotcakes. I want the 5 series to be around for a long long time. It’s a great segment.

RETIRED: 2018 540i Luxury Line (Dark Graphite/Canberra Beige)
Appreciate 3
AidenL78.50
AP2809.00
jphcbpa316.00