05-05-2024, 01:24 PM   #38
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteVTEC View Post
I saw a few of your posts in the big EV thread, probably about a hundred pages back now, but meant to ask you why you'd pick your Model 3 over your other vehicles in a SHTF scenario if you could only pick/use/keep one vehicle or something? At least in my vision of a SHTF type situation, the power grid is down. How would you charge?
I don't remember the post but for me there are 2 SHTF scenarios.

SHTF #1 = Financially I can only afford 1 car. In that case my Model 3 is the most enjoyable car 90% of the time. In that case I would imagine I would also just be living here in FL and I don't really go anywhere that my Model 3 can't go on a normal charge. I LOVE never having to go to the gas station and I personally love all the tech. Lots of traffic and straight roads so acceleration and torque is everything. Low to zero maintenance to worry about also.

SHTF #2 = End of the world zombie apocalypse shit I would take my F350 no question. Reasons should be obvious. That being said I'm not the type who gets all excited about end of the world scenarios. Frankly I rather the bombs land on my head than live like in the walking dead.
Appreciate 0