03-04-2024, 03:04 AM   #65
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkykingUSA View Post
Yes, I saw that too. I don't know how long it will take to get to the dealership in Santa Clarita after the 12th, but I'll be happy if I can take delivery anytime later that week or the next. It's my first BMW so I have no idea how long it takes. What do you mean by European delivery? Aren't all the 5 series cars built in Dingolfing, Germany? I'm in SoCal too (Santa Clarita).
European Delivery is where you pick up your vehicle at the plant in Germany and drive it around on vacation or business - You then return it to the plant and they clean it up and ship it home. They often take longer to get on a ship and sometimes they get held up in customs at the port, in our case, Port Hueneme, probably due to the fact the customer has had the vehicle in their possession and there is the possibility of contraband being onboard.

It sounds like you have a Priority One vehicle. You ordered it but you will not pay for it until you pick it up here. The dealerships would like to be paid as soon as possible so they put them in front of other vehicles. My last three went through inspection and customs quickly at the port and they were at the dealer in Orange County & ready to pickup within 3 or 4 days. You are much closer.
Appreciate 3
SkykingUSA1440.50
Scrapula2880.00