10-08-2023, 12:42 PM   #10
bayarea328xit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 i3s; 07 328xit (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
Yes, also noted the lack of adaptive suspension. My muted (or less than that, even) enthusiasm for the G60 continues.

I might have been willing to make the jump to an EV for the i5 M60, but I just can’t get past the inadequate range. Until there are ultra-fast chargers widely deployed, it’s just a non-starter for me.
The missing 2VV option (Adaptive Suspension Professional, from the i5 M60) is disappointing - to be fair, I guess it is also missing from the i5 eDr40.

It is possible that they will offer the 2VV (Adaptive Suspension Professional) on the 550e -- not sure if that is listed on the ordering guide for that model.

I want the 540i, but the lack of adaptive suspension and true multi-contour seats (and rear wheel steering to a lesser extent) is making me less enthusiastic. I don't need the PIH option of the 550e and its added weight.

Note: the 456 option is listed as "Multi-contour seats" on the i5 ordering guides but as "Multi-function seats" on the 540i ordering guide - I suspect they are trying to wordsmith the descriptor to avoid confusion with the true (original) multi-contour seats from the earlier models (e.g., G05, G30, etc.).
Appreciate 0