kconner5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 Manual (ZCP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt View Post
Nice video Kyle.
Only watched the first 10 minutes or so (still at work) but a few slides caught my attention, e.g. the i5 charge curve which is now a smooth curve instead of stepped like in the iX.
Did they present these slides during the test drive event? I can't believe no one else is reporting these details which in terms of engineering is very interesting to me.
Yes they went through all of these slides at the event - the i7 actually launched the smooth (good) charging curve from BMW but the i5 is slightly more refined and offers a "boost" (my terminology) function that if you plug in at higher SoC it will give you some period of time where you can get max 200+kW charging speeds.

Here's the slide demonstrating that one - my thoughts on this are in the podcast as well (some good / some bad)

The charging engineers claimed that this function will come to i7 with an update (unsure if OTA or not tbh, I think it is OTA) and they said future iX will have an updated charging curve but unsure if that one will get updated retroactively (shame if not)
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
cpt395.50