05-24-2023, 01:21 PM   #153
carjoy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228i M-Sport

Garage List
2016 BMW  [0.00]
The interior is the highlight of this vehicle. Exterior styling is bland and unimaginative for 2023 premium performance vehicle. The front grille on the 60 is a horror show, confused mess of sensors and radar, the side profile follows a trend from BMW of minimalism; look at the G87. Cars look product design not styled. The side and rear continues the sleep-fest. The only element well executed is the notched hood, the rest is straight out of the Toyota school of design. BMW vehicles are much less distinctive outside than years prior, and those that are, are in a bad way. The constant evolution of the front grilles, the need to simplify or remove styling elements ( my theory is for profit ) to the point cars look ordinary may be diluting the brand and confusing current and potential BMW customers. Just look at the vast differences between each series. Little to no resemblance between the styling language of an XM, an M2 or the I5, other than a need to take away, inside and out. It feels like BMW cars of late lack soul, I don’t mean in the way they drive, but in the way the make you feel on approach or departure. Bring back sexy, muscular, innovative yet understated cars. Just another bland copy-cat car using a whatever sticks design approach.
NGT25719.50