05-24-2023, 11:47 AM   #134
guy_incognito1420
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 X3, i4 M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n View Post
Speaking for myself, I would disagree. Yes, bulk of my commute is within city limits and I am lucky enough to be able to charge at home 90% of the time. However, I do travel up and down the East coast frequently and I’m usually looking to drive close to 300-350 miles for any given trip. Would I prefer to just leave home fully charged and not waste time charging/ contending for EV chargers? YES. Could I make the trip with one or two charging stops? SURE. Faced with this choice, I’ve used an IC vehicle for every single road trip since owning my EV. It’s the single reason I won’t switch to 100% EV use. If I had a vehicle to reliably give me near 350-400 miles of highway use, I would be seriously tempted to make the switch. RN, the Lucid is my only option— and it’s way too expensive, and is facing startup EV manufacturer type issues.

I’d love to hear from the community more on this.
Yeah that makes sense. I've kept my X3 for trips where there may not be many chargers along the way (this isn't really an issue along I-95 but does becomes one in western and southwestern VA).

I also kept the X3 so I can haul the 50 lb dog and go on hiking trips where the roads to the trailheads aren't very well maintained as the i4 isn't ideal for either of those things.
Appreciate 0