Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy_incognito1420 View Post
Would it though? I'm of the opinion that overall range is overrated. I've never once got range anxiety in my i4 because most people rarely have to drive that much very frequently and if you did, I'd argue that an EV still isn't ideal for that use case.
Speaking for myself, I would disagree. Yes, bulk of my commute is within city limits and I am lucky enough to be able to charge at home 90% of the time. However, I do travel up and down the East coast frequently and I’m usually looking to drive close to 300-350 miles for any given trip. Would I prefer to just leave home fully charged and not waste time charging/ contending for EV chargers? YES. Could I make the trip with one or two charging stops? SURE. Faced with this choice, I’ve used an IC vehicle for every single road trip since owning my EV. It’s the single reason I won’t switch to 100% EV use. If I had a vehicle to reliably give me near 350-400 miles of highway use, I would be seriously tempted to make the switch. RN, the Lucid is my only option— and it’s way too expensive, and is facing startup EV manufacturer type issues.

I’d love to hear from the community more on this.
Appreciate 0