View Single Post
      04-12-2024, 03:04 PM   #33
elbmw
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

So I took my car in for service on Tuesday, the dealer had the car for 2 days.
As expected, they couldn't find any issues, told me to keep the nannies off to avoid any inconsistences in the steering feel and hope for an over the air update which might fix the issue.

But I swear that the steering feel is much better now after the visit.
It's heavier and more linear, I actually enjoy it now.

Before, I always switched to sport mode on freeway to get at least some sort of improvement. But today I was on the phone and completely forgot to do so. I still noticed the overall improved feel and then realized that I drove 20 miles in personal setting, which is set to comfort, and it didn't bother me at all.

I would not be surprised if the dealer actually reprogrammed the car, yet couldn't admit it to avoid any legal action against BMW. Dunno, that thought immediately popped in my mind after I tried to make sense of what happened.

So for now, I really hope that the car will continue behaving this way 'cause I like it.

One more thing, I purposely chose a G30 530 loaner to compare it to the G60 because I considered my previous G30 540ix to be the best BMW I've had to date.

I hate to admit it, I really disliked the car. It looked and felt outdated, the materials felt cheaper (the car had sensatec interior and plastic dashboard)

The suspension was jittery and felt as if it never settled, the base music is definitely not on par with the base HK system in the G60.

Most importantly though, I also disliked the steering feel. Yes, it was definitely heavier in the G30 but I felt like the actual steering feedback was also absent as in G60. But the steering in G60 is noticeably quicker and more direct.

It actually felt as if I was driving through molasses or something while in G30 That's how much slower and heavier the steering felt in G30 after driving the G60 for 5 weeks.

So, I was pretty shocked to come to these conclusions as I truly enjoyed my G30 540ix for 3 years.

Overall, I can confidently say now that G60 is a much better car and it also feels as it's a class above G30.
Appreciate 3
SkykingUSA1442.00
Mac545422.50
Scrapula2880.00