View Single Post
      04-07-2024, 02:05 PM   #30
MaVaGe
Rep
Drives: BMW i5 E40

Hi All,
What a relief to see this post ... that I'm not alone. I informed my dealer 2,5 months ago, they tried do find out themselves, but they are not 100% convinced. They problem is really only noticeable at 125 km/h or 77 mph. And they just drove for 10 seconds at that speed. The workers over there over overloaded.
My problem is exactly as described above : impossible to keep lanes in manual mode. I always use 'driving assistence' and you can feel the car making constant corrections.
But the danger is when the diving assistence switches off, eg. no road signalisation, or I touch the brakes ... at that moment it is very difficult to control the car, imagine there happens a car accident in front of me, how can I avoid a collision ???

My idea is that there is something wrong with the alignment? The dealer want to check this, but they are also thinking of replacing the stearing colon, a 48-volt type due to the stearing back wheels.

I have a i5 edrive 40, with M-performance pack (a bit lower) and stearing back wheels that can turn 3% or so.

What is your setup ?

Last edited by MaVaGe; 04-08-2024 at 04:16 AM..
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA1437.50