View Single Post
      04-15-2024, 02:06 PM   #18
digriz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: i5 M60 Carbon Black

Thank you for sharing your experience. Driving an EV in North America is still challenging, although the challenge is somewhat reduced for those who drive Teslas. But some issues linger even when one can access the Supercharger network: the longer time to recharge means that every trip requiring a recharge must be planned and becomes instantly longer; the lack of protection from the elements in most recharging spots is baffling as we should have learned that lesson from gas stations; and the inability to determine the state of a charging spot given we are all forced to use apps and cumbersome authorization systems is much worse than for regular gas stations.

I was fully aware of these issues when I considered an EV and I still went for it because to me the advantages outweigh the issues; but I am still looking forward to EVs becoming mainstream so that hopefully most of these issues are resolved. Some positive steps forward are happening (access to Tesla network, new charging spots with canopies and amenities, supervised charging locations, etc). I choose to be optimistic. But when I read about some of the failures, I shudder and cringe...

I hope you'll never have to suffer such a bad experience again.
Appreciate 4
LVBMW1537.00
Scrapula2877.00
SkykingUSA1434.50