Idontliketrying
BMW Client Advisor
Rep
Drives: 2023 Bmw M3 CX

Garage List
2023 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkykingUSA View Post
Thanks for the information. That helps me understand how that works. Since it's holiday time, I suppose I should give the dealer until the end of the first week of January to find me a slot to order. If I don't get a slot by then, perhaps I should go to my second choice dealer and see if they have an open slot. Sound reasonable?

Another question: At the time the dealer actually places the order, how important is it to get a proper quote in writing showing the "locked in" price? What I have so far is the sales person's emails which detail the price and terms. You think I can rely on the emails or should I get something on the dealer's letterhead signed by someone there?

The sales guy said he can't lock in pricing in December and it's the first time his dealership has done this, but usually he can lock prices in for other months. Call me cynical, but when I hear stuff like that I can't help wonder if it's just made up to not guarantee a price.

What I'm trying to avoid is the car eventually being delivered, and then the dealer saying the price is higher now so I either pay more or walk away, having to start the whole process over again. I really do not want to wait another 3 months, after already waiting 2-3 months. What do you think?

By the way, I really appreciate hearing from the folks in this forum. You guys have been very helpful. Thanks!
Programs can be locked for 3 months but 39 month lease can’t . Approvals can be locked into 120 days. And yes get your letterhead aka first pencil that shows the prices and that can be provieded as long as you have your build code to go off your spec and rates right now are about 5.5% plus markup rate if your dealer does that. Your CA doesn’t sound the most experienced if you’re in Florida or can register the car in Florida I can get you your desired X1
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA1445.00