12-22-2023, 12:07 AM   #100
SkykingUSA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 i5 eDrive40

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontliketrying View Post
I can’t speak for all dealers but I can speak for mine some sales people will push you to something incoming bc of there quota but if you want a specific spec we have no problem ordering, we get allocations monthly for every model the amount we get is based on sales if we don’t sell what we have by the end of the month bmw gives us less so my dealer will punch them as demos or service loaners to not get grief from bmw and keep the allocations flowing. 2 months ago we got over 60 allocations for 330 and some models with allocation you can flex meaning if you have a manual m3 allocation you can change it to a Xdrive or rwd and it will still be that 111/112 status. 2-3 months is ideal for wait time but remember those X1 still come from Germany and a recall can fuck a client over IE the IX with the interior trim delayed us a bit over a month cars were held at VPC
Thanks for the information. That helps me understand how that works. Since it's holiday time, I suppose I should give the dealer until the end of the first week of January to find me a slot to order. If I don't get a slot by then, perhaps I should go to my second choice dealer and see if they have an open slot. Sound reasonable?

Another question: At the time the dealer actually places the order, how important is it to get a proper quote in writing showing the "locked in" price? What I have so far is the sales person's emails which detail the price and terms. You think I can rely on the emails or should I get something on the dealer's letterhead signed by someone there?

The sales guy said he can't lock in pricing in December and it's the first time his dealership has done this, but usually he can lock prices in for other months. Call me cynical, but when I hear stuff like that I can't help wonder if it's just made up to not guarantee a price.

What I'm trying to avoid is the car eventually being delivered, and then the dealer saying the price is higher now so I either pay more or walk away, having to start the whole process over again. I really do not want to wait another 3 months, after already waiting 2-3 months. What do you think?

By the way, I really appreciate hearing from the folks in this forum. You guys have been very helpful. Thanks!
Appreciate 1
Sisyrx251.50