Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
I think that the EVs are becoming more compelling and that a heavy hand from government is counterproductive.
I think the sales and inventory numbers clearly show the bloom is off the EV rose. That said, I agree the heavy hand of government has been a net negative when it comes to the early adoption of EV's. The free market would have had a EV component to the transportation market if left alone and developed products better and greater consumer satisfaction

Remember this government over reach?
Unintended Consequences: CAFE Standards Will Cause More Pollution and Increase Highway Deaths
CAFE standards, mandated by the Energy Policy and Conservation Act of 1975, required about a 50% increase in fuel economy (to 27.5 mpg by model year 1985 from an average of 18 mpg in 1978). The NRC study concluded that the subsequent downsizing and down-weighting of vehicles, “while resulting in significant fuel savings, also resulted in a safety penalty.” Specifically, the NRC estimated that in 1993 there were between 1,300 and 2,600 motor vehicle crash deaths that would not have occurred if cars were as heavy as they were in 1976.
https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/unint...ighway-deaths/
Appreciate 1
M5Rick61240.50