View Single Post
      05-24-2023, 02:47 PM   #165
Eric500
um...
Rep
Drives: LC500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n View Post
Speaking for myself, I would disagree. Yes, bulk of my commute is within city limits and I am lucky enough to be able to charge at home 90% of the time. However, I do travel up and down the East coast frequently and I’m usually looking to drive close to 300-350 miles for any given trip. Would I prefer to just leave home fully charged and not waste time charging/ contending for EV chargers? YES. Could I make the trip with one or two charging stops? SURE. Faced with this choice, I’ve used an IC vehicle for every single road trip since owning my EV. It’s the single reason I won’t switch to 100% EV use. If I had a vehicle to reliably give me near 350-400 miles of highway use, I would be seriously tempted to make the switch. RN, the Lucid is my only option— and it’s way too expensive, and is facing startup EV manufacturer type issues.

I’d love to hear from the community more on this.
Exactly why I gave the Lightning to my dad, It's amazing and faster than my old 540i 0-60 and can do all truck things. But driving from Austin to Dallas going at regular TX highway speeds 75-85 cruise control, the range takes a MASSIVE hit. I am so impatient, so I hate waiting even if its just 25-30 minutes to get more charge.

For me, the minimum is 250 miles at 80mph. I will wait for the CLAR platform and batteries to get better before moving to full EV. I would highly recommend most people just do a plug in hybrid as it solves both issues. Most people don't drive more than 50 miles in a day and can charge at home.
LuckyBrand1417.50
NGT25719.50