View Single Post
      03-13-2024, 02:17 PM   #5
attack7777
Private
Rep
Drives: '24 i5 M60 Black/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_maniac View Post
In Germany BMW now has partnered with Ubigi to provide eSIM integration for those that do not have Vodafone or Telekom.

When setting up eSIM it will give you the QR code to set it up on your phone browser and then give you the option of Vodafone, Telekom, or Other. When selecting Other it takes you to Ubigi.me where you can sign up with Ubigi for €10 per month for unlimited data in Europe (data will slow down after 100GB).

The process is seamless from there and the eSIM is set up. I had hopes that they would enable the SIM Reader so I can use my current provider (O2), but this is a nice option for now.

Ubigi then allows you to use the eSIM for data only (no phone calls) and from what I can tell the benefits you get are the Hotspot feature, as well as the YouTube and the Bundesliga app. The Video app interestingly was already working without eSIM.

Overall, for €10 per month, this may not be worthwhile for everyone. I will see what my experience is.
Interesting - I wonder if they'll do something like this in the US for people without the big expensive carriers.
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA1445.00