View Single Post
      02-03-2024, 05:40 AM   #20
Blue Angel
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 323i and 2016 535d

So for someone like me who commutes to work and who’s car only has me in it 99% of the time, I set CA to unlock the driver’s door only. With CA on all four doors if I want to unlock the passenger side door for my wife, I just touch the rear door handle and then all four doors unlock.

Is there a workaround for this with the 2 door system on the G60? Agreed that penny pinching on a 5 Series is not a good look for BMW, and I’m afraid we have no choice but to blame the i5 for this and other cost cutting regression.

My F10 has four door CA and the optional soft close doors. The G30 that replaced it had the same and in Canada had standard 4 zone climate control (very cool) and an even nicer interior with more soft touch surfaces and even better finishes.

It seems the G60 is a step backwards in many ways that the customer will definitely notice. Can you even get soft close doors? Not that they’re a clutch feature, far from it, but when uber premium options start disappearing from the list there’s less and less to make a car feel special and to justify its higher price over lesser cars.
Appreciate 4