View Single Post
      02-02-2024, 03:14 PM   #6
BimmerGuyFL78
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW G30 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adler11th View Post
Could you elaborate on interior a bit more. What felt odd, good cheap vs expensive etc. I had 19 g30 with comfort seats and they were best seats I experienced in a while. Also interior wood trim with ambient lights always felt like nice yacht. I really enjoyed it on far trips. It’s hard to judge by the pictures for g60 your feedback would be great.
Absolutely. So I am what you would consider a perfectionist so I pay very close attention to the details.

On the G30 5-series you will notice that the lower sections of the door card (interior door panel) is a soft touch material that has some what of padding that when you press with your finger tips, has what what feels like cushion, the G60 feels like they only wrapped a thin vinyl over hard plastic over that same area. The center console/transmission area between the driver and front passenger on the G30 is all soft touch padded material, on the G60 the lower section of that same area is now hard touch plastic.

The dash on the G60 is padded and of high quality but it no longer the stitching that the G30 had standard on the LCI models. Same thing for the upper interior door padding.

The standard seats on the G60 no longer have power adjustable head rests. This has been a standard feather on all types of BMW 5-series seats since the E34 5-series. If you want power headrests for the front seats of the G60, you now have to pay extra for the luxury seating package (which I would get not only for the power headrests but for the ventilated front seats). Also, the Luxury, seating package does not include the upper section of the back rest that articulates front and back.

The front and rear cupholders on the G60 No longer have a cover tray conceals them like the G30 does.

Comfort access now only works using the front door handles on the G60. On the G30 Comfort access was available on all four doors.

The Harmon Kardon stereo in the G60 Is more like the best stereo in the G30. Bower and Wilkins stereo on the G60 sounds extremely good however, it is more to what Harmon Kardon Stereo sounded like in the G30.

The dash looked very cool in the G60 but seems less luxurious to what the G30’s dash does. Plus I like more physical controls, however I’m sure I would get used to the touch sensitive controls on the new G60. Time will tell.

If you have any other questions let me know. I’m more than glad to answer.