View Single Post
      02-28-2024, 07:30 PM   #21
RichardInCA
Captain
Rep
Drives: 24 BMW i5 M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Angel View Post
Love Harry’s Garage. For those interested, he just got a new daily driver with lots of questions/answers on his choice:

https://youtu.be/nZysvgm2_Aw?si=N5b3c0wJflxx0M_7
I was not/am not a fan of his review of the i5, but I do appreciate his logical arguments here. I think some of these points are also about setting expectations, ensuring that there’s better clarity about range and variability in different conditions, and of course charging infrastructure. I 200% agree that I’d like to see a lot more information about battery health in the grasp of owners could really help. I don’t know why this is not more obvious - many of us are data geeks and putting information about battery health in the hands of owners could incentivize behaviors that prolong capacity and life.

The thing Harry misses that was important to me was I wanted to stop being a source of emissions. Regardless of price/cost, this part has value to me. Being stuck in traffic burning gas is just not something I was excited to do any more. All of the points here are important to address however. Worth a watch.
Appreciate 4
Scrapula2847.00
Blue Angel1035.00
deutsch1004034.50
SkykingUSA1424.00