View Single Post
      08-24-2021, 11:59 PM   #44
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr View Post
I was thinking the same, 750 isn’t going to be competitive and for sure they won’t come in lighter than the others. That ship sailed with the i3 and i8. A quick googling tells me the i4 M50 will be ~800lbs heavier than the Model 3 Perf, I hope that ends up being wrong but I doubt it.

I think they’ve been put in a difficult spot with model hierarchy etc. The next gas/hybrid M5 will not be making 1000+ hp, like I would bet my wife on that. I don’t think they would let any “i5 M” or whatever make more power, or at least be faster than the M5. Kind of like how (according to spec sheets) the i4 M50 just happens to match the M3C to 60 at 3.9, despite having awd, no transmission and instant torque. Fast enough sure, but that sense they’re artificially holding it back sure is tingling
I wouldn't write off the upper scale models especially when some can and will improve on their current lightweight innovations.

The iX intelligent materials mix for example.
Attached Images