View Single Post
      04-16-2024, 09:22 AM   #5
HandelJoyner
Registered
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSlayerNYC View Post
Local BMW distributor broker (works with distributors and gets cars from them)I'm talking to is quoting me the following:

$980 per month. With initial down of $5800.

BMW 540xi $73k MSRP

Meanwhile, brokers like AutoCampanion from LeaseHackr have quoted me $890 with $6200 upfront for a $76k MSRP (taxes, dmv, first month etc). Here's the calculator link

https://calculator.autocompanion.com...0319&zip=11230

Why the disparity? And the local guy is telling me that these leasehackr deals are scams which I know for a fact aren't.

The local guy is nice and I want to do business with him but the pricing disparity smh
Couple of things:

1) The calculator is confusing me a little bit. I'm actually seeing 972 + 4900 DAS from tbat calculator. I'm not sure if someone can go in and mess with it, though, so I accept at face value that the deal is 890 + 6200 DAS

2) This part you probably already know: If I were a local salesman trying to differentiate myself from a faceless online retailer whose scale I couldn't match, I'd try to play up my localness. Things like 'if anything goes wrong you know where to find me' (which a broker won't say, because you're not going to interact with a broker again once the deal's signed and checks clear), or 'you can trust me, you know me, but you can't trust that faceless guy.' Pretty easy to imagine a dealer who's trying to charge MSRP saying that about this broker, I think.

Basically, I suspect you know it's just a bullshit line in the Bag O' Sales Tricks. I don't know either your local broker or the online seller and don't implicitly trust either. I also don't trust dealers, either, nor do I trust the Tech companies that are building cars these days. But I need to buy a car SOMEHOW. So I probably lean toward the faceless internet brokers with good reputations. But that is just my opinion.
Appreciate 3
SkykingUSA1442.00
alewifebp486.50