Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
Good for California and good for you....but in case you weren't aware, Cali isn't the centre of the universe. How many homes in California were built before the mandated solar panels, and how often will California ask people to not charge their EV's to avoid rolling brown/black outs? The vast majority of people aren't as fortunate as you are with your solar panels paid for by the rest of the tax paying public. The reality is we are a very very long way from having sufficient capacity and grid to have everyone driving an EV. We are a very very long way from being able to environmentally friendly mine all the components to build EV's for everyone, or to put solar panels on everyones roof. We are a pretty environmentally progressive country and the government subsidies for solar are quite small, we live in a northern climate like a good chunk of the continental US and solar panels aren't likely to provide enough energy in the short daylight winter months to power everyones homes.....even if they could afford it.
True, and I wasn't even paying attention to you living in Canada. Everything is expensive in Canada. And the on road costs don't help. We are definitely extremely far from being able to do everything you said. Elon also said in the last earnings meeting that Tesla uses almost no Cobalt, so the mining that a lot of people are talking about, out there, most of it isn't mined for Tesla.

I wouldn't even be getting one to save the planet. I just don't like paying California prices for fuel. Dipshit isn't fixing the roads, he's giving money away to some programs people cant sustain. While the roads turn into trash.

Appreciate 2