View Single Post
      05-29-2023, 05:46 PM   #2467
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
I'll have something electric in the next 6-12 months. I never add up cost of fuel, but, I feel like I fueled up a little more than I normally do, and I actually added up fuel cost for the month of April. $744.08. It just doesn't make sense for me to keep putting premium, which is shit 91 octane, in California, and paying $5.29 a gallon, just to commute to work, and take a few trips to Reno.

My solar panels would probably make up for most of what home charging costs me. I don't pay electricity bills. I generally have a bill credit, even in the summer, and I only have 12 panels on 2,700 sqft, 5 bed. I have a 250kw Supercharger 4 miles from my house. 3 years of free supercharging would pay for more than half of the car, in 4-5 years. Not to mention $7,500 federal and $2,000 California tax credit.
How many homes on the planet have solar panels? How many people can afford them even with government grants? How many people can afford an EV as their only car? How many people can afford a new car as their only car. How much will it cost to double capacity and the grid to accommodate wholesale adaptation of EV's, and how much will electircy cost when that happens?
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5149.50