NGT2
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i xDrive (2020)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deho View Post
You say that going full EV doesn't have any net benefit but data suggests otherwise: https://www.iea.org/data-and-statist...d-ice-vehicle. I could also share many other sources that demonstrate that EVs have a global footprint that is much less than their equivalent ICE vehicule, even when said EV is powered by electricity generated by fossil fuels.

As for PHEVs, I agree with you. When used as they should be (frequent recharges), they are a better solution than BEVs for anyone that mostly commutes and only do a few longer trips every year. A huge battery in a car that mostly stays parked is wasteful, even if better than a ICE car. The future is car sharing, so that BEVs do what they should to be most effective: rolling a lot.

As for China and India, they will have to make the same changes as us no matter what. The question is only when. And if we wait and wait and wait in the West, we only encourage them to do the same.
I don’t think you’re going to sell car sharing in America. And China and India just don’t care. I seriously doubt it matters what we do.

Regardless, industrial activity is a bigger deal than what car you and I drive.

If people want to drive electric cars, I think it’s great. I’m not against their existence. I just don’t think they sold anything. It’s all politics and profit.

RETIRED: 2018 540i Luxury Line (Dark Graphite/Canberra Beige)
Appreciate 0