NGT2
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i xDrive (2020)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deho View Post
I know it's a sacrifice to make but sadly our atmosphere can only contain so much carbon before everything turns to shit. Humanity has a total carbon budget...

I know big engines can be more fun, but the EU is thinking about the long term, and that means some individual sacrifices to make to collectively protect ourselves. It's not an "agenda", it's just basic common sense if we want humanity to go on. You'll get plenty of choices with ICEs, PHEVs and EVs. Sucks to not get the one you want, but we're paying for decades of abuse.
The carbon budget might be real, but the idea that the changes being made to vehicles has any impact is a total sham. That’s why I don’t believe anything these people say. They prove to be untrustworthy when they take a real problem and then use it as an excuse to push an agenda that doesn’t do anything for the problem.

Allowing the B58 engine to thrive in Europe isn’t hurting the environment at all. Talk to China and India about their industrial activity. Start with something that makes a difference.

This says it nicely

RETIRED: 2018 540i Luxury Line (Dark Graphite/Canberra Beige)
Appreciate 2