View Single Post
      05-25-2023, 10:28 AM   #238
D52M550
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M550i Xdrive

Considering what’s been coming out from Dingledorf, this design is certainly more welcomed…in general. Don’t care for the vertical DRL’s; where did the classic halo BMW-ring variants go? Who said they were sick of those? One thing I truly love that has been removed was an actual stick drive shift selector. At the very least, it’s better than having it in the steering column like MB, which blows my mind that any car company would go back to the days of the ‘3-in-the-tree’. I’m cool with all the tech, but some of the most used features are much faster with an old button/knob/switch. Next, why does the back end look so much like previous generations of MB? BMW could have done much better with the rear taillights to separate its distinctive look from similar cars like MB or Nissan as mentioned by an earlier post. And the most bothersome part of this new lineup is that there isn’t a V8 engine! So, having owned mutliple 550’s over the years, I’m stuck choosing between an anemic 540 or go all electric with the M60 in order to get the same 0-60 (and likely other stats) performance of my current M550. I just hope BMW will continue the long standing tradition of the 550i: the perfect balance of luxury/comfort with power/performance. Well, that’s my opinion anyway. If you read this far, thanks for reading!
Appreciate 0