View Single Post
      12-21-2023, 01:58 PM   #96
bmwterp
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW I5M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkykingUSA View Post
Can someone explain the allocation process that dealers tell me about a little more?

I went to a dealer today and placed an order with the sales rep but he said the dealership didn't have a slot available right now and he will check and get back to me with an estimate of when they will be able to order it.

I don't understand why any dealership can't submit an order any time and let BMW build them in the order they come in (the old FIFO policy).

If anyone can help me understand this process, I'd appreciate it. I'm not sure if I should go to my second-choice dealership now and see if they have an open allocation so I don't have to wait any longer than necessary.

Last question - Does anyone have any idea of how long I might have to wait until the dealer gets an allocation for me? Maybe someone has an example they could share about their experience with these allocation wait times?

Thanks in advance.
Have you thought about finding one in or around where you live? I know in the DC/Balt/Philly/Richmond area (about 2-3 hour drive) there were plenty of cars that were available. I got almost 20k off (includes 7.5k lease fed tax credit) an M60, plus a lot more for my trade by pricing around and finding one on the lot.
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA1445.00