clee1982
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapula View Post
I’m not sure why people want a frunk. I don’t use all the trunk space I have now, so it would just be useless. My husband has one in his Lightning but since it doesn’t have a trunk, it makes sense for groceries. The transmission tunnel doesn’t bother me, because I’m never in the back seat. I looked at a Lucid which was just flat across the rear floor boards. It’s good for rear passengers with large feet.

I’m surprised your infrastructure is bad. It’s very good in the Seattle metro area where I live. I thought all major cities had a decent charging network.
Frunk is more of a "why wouldn't I have one", as to transmission tunnel, yes it wouldn't affect me, but another "why should it be there", I'm sure backseat passenger would appreciate.

with regard to charging, I think a lot people park in NYC in garage that's not connect to their building (if in Manhattan, I wouldn't bother street parking in Manhattan, Brooklyn/Queens are different story).

In my case, my garage does have dedicated charge station but it's one of those once you full charge you have to move type of thing. I only drive my car on the weekend (and sometimes once every two weekend), I just can't think of stand there until things are fully charged then move again. My garage is like 8 minuets walking from my apartment too

I know there are a few guys with electric car, probably should talk to them on how they manage it (I see a few Tesla, a few Lucid, one Rivian, two i4 near by).
Appreciate 1
Scrapula2919.00