View Single Post
      04-03-2024, 04:37 PM   #39
Neusser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 G31 540i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182 View Post
We are going beyond the obvious. Okay Mr. Physics Professor, of course EVERYONE knows a lighter vehicle will have better performance capabilities, duh! Like I said, if you are a track monkey and want to have the most fun, get yourself a light weight go-kart. I have had my share of track time, motorcycle racing, and 100s of drag strip runs. I took out floor mats, emptied the washer tank, went with lightweight wheels, etc. So weight was of critical concern in my racing excursions. You don't need to explain to me what a glorious car an M5 CS is on the track. In reality, most of those that pretend they need all that extra track potential of their gas cars probably don't even drive as fast as I do every day. And I don't know about 2000hp. But I plan on being first in line if something like that 1200HP quad motor i4 comes out. In the meantime, where you do 90% of your driving, the EV offers superior performance. Electric motors have superior power curves, but yes, the batteries need to get better. But even with current battery tech, EVs are very compelling. Also, remember, electric grid power is pretty much 100% domestic instead of foreign oil. But keep hanging on to your ICE dreams. Maybe someday they will come out with a gas powered shaver, blender and vacuum cleaner for you as you choke on the fumes.
You are free to drive your 5,000-lbs EV around and feel wonderful about it.

Don't let me dissuade you.
Appreciate 0