View Single Post
      04-16-2024, 11:40 PM   #14
SkykingUSA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 i5 eDrive40

Garage List
I'm not sure we can tell you which way to go with this. We can only tell you some positives and negatives about both options, and then you have to decide for yourself which way suits you best.

Decide what your goal is, then pick what you're comfortable with. Look at the two extremes, then pick one of them, or something in between:
  1. $0 deposit, and only pay the first month payment upon signing. This way, over the term of the lease you will likely pay more because the money factor will apply to the full amount. However, consider putting the down payment money you would have spent into a high interest savings account or into an investment account of some type so you can earn money on it and factor that into your calculations too.
  2. Pay a huge up front down payment. You will likely pay the least this way because the money factor (interest) will only apply to the non-down payment portion. However, you have spent more if the car is totaled. You also lose money on opportunity cost because the money you put towards the down payment can no longer earn you interest through a savings account or investment account.

You really need to run the numbers and consider what is more important to you, then make a decision and stick with it. That is my two cents.

Look at the bright side: after all this thinking and deciding, you'll have a car to have fun with!

2024 i5 eDrive40 / Vegas Red / Black Veganza / Dark Oak Gloss Trim with Dark Silv Acc / Premium Package / M Sport Package / M Sport Pro Package / Driving Assistance Pro Package / Luxury Seating Package / 19" 936 M Aero Wheels NonRFT

Appreciate 0