04-27-2024, 09:17 AM   #39
Blue Angel
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 323i and 2016 535d

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmabmass View Post
It's funny how, in every ev post that makes the front page, all the pearl clutchers come in trying to make sure you know how much they dont like evs - as if acknowledging their benefits somehow makes ice car owners look bad. Chill lol.

I've only driven v8's for the past 15 years, including on the autobahn, but the i4 m50 i bought 1 year and 23k miles ago is my favorite car i've owned by far. Effortless power, havent been to a gas station in months, and its so cool when your only indication of speed isnt engine noise, but instead the increasing roar of wind noise. So cool, super fun to drive.

But if you like ice cars, nobody here is judging you ffs
The only reason for that is when people pretend there are no drawbacks to EVs, that they are saving the planet, and that they fit everyone’s needs. None of which are true.

I don’t dislike EVs, I think they make great daily drivers for many people. I also think, or rather know, that they are the future and we will all be driving them at some point. I also know they are not the present for most people, and adoption would not be anywhere near as high if it were not for subsidies and the threat of future sales target mandates.

There are significant challenges to overcome before widespread adoption is practical. Can we at least agree on that?
Appreciate 2
SkykingUSA1446.50
usmabmass251.00