04-10-2024, 03:17 PM   #101
LVBMW
Captain
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60 '23 Tesla Model Y-P

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
My concern about pure EV's is that these technologies are in their infancies and I think there will likely be massive improvements in battery technology and storage capacity over the next several years and I'd be wary to find that today's state of the art EV could be tomorrow's cassette tape in a world of high res CDs. Also the issue of charging availability and lack of standardization in EV chargers are an additional concern. I can see an EV in my future perhaps but right now there are too many question marks for me at least.
That's the beauty of the amazing EV lease deals from BMW currently. Enjoy the current battery tech for three years and be ready for the next generation of technology in a few years. Charging infrastructure is a fair critique for those who like to take road trips and/or those who cannot have a charger at their residence. I'm not sure if EVs are in their infancy exactly. Maybe a young child or perhaps even a teenager. I would say things like hydrogen technology would be more of infancy.
Appreciate 4
Scrapula2880.00
SkykingUSA1445.00