CarlosM4
Lieutenant
Brazil
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neusser View Post
Excellent points.

I know the E39 is a cult classic, but I do wonder if the G30/31 won't be considered the high water mark for the 5er by future automotive historians.

It is so balanced, and the aluminum suspension is a work of art.
I am gonna go out on a limb here, but I think the G30 is the next E39 5-Series. The E39 too got a ton of hate when it was released (not as much of a driver's BMW, and blah blah), but over time people came to appreciate it, due to its sheer engineering, and the brilliance that it is to drive.

The G30 falls somewhere in that ballpark. Its an awesome car.Its such an elegant, well refined, well thought out car.

I love my F90 M5. I have owned a W213 E63 S too, which is sort of a monster and a more fun car, but the M5 is so much more well balanced and nicer to use.

My son has a 540i M Sport - its such a master piece too. Yeah, its a bit muted, but who cares, its still great to drive, and works well in any circunstance like a 5er should.

When I got to see the G60 I5 M60 in person, my jaw dropped. The car feels so much cheaper, much more gadget over good engineering.
Appreciate 1
Neusser499.50