View Single Post
      04-22-2024, 05:32 PM   #55
Neusser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 G31 540i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosM4 View Post
The G30 humiliates the G60 in all areas. Honestly, for a 5-Series the G60 is so disappointing. I got to see the I5 M60 (the first to arrive in Brazil) in person. The interior is 3 cuts below the G30. It lost that quality unbreakable feeling of the G30.

Here in Brazil there is no extended leather option, therefore you get to look at cheap plastics hovering over your speedometer. Then there is the cheap plastics in the center console for the cupholders and door compartments. Honestly everything in the car just feels cheap. Its so much worse built than the G30. Its unbelievable. I own an F90 M5 Competition and was incredibly disappointed with the drop in quality (my son also owns a G30).

The G30 also has aluminum chassis, various aluminum components, where as the G60 doesn't, making it so much heavier.

The G60 has penalties in handling, quality, almost all aspects other than tech and powertrain options.
Excellent points.

I know the E39 is a cult classic, but I do wonder if the G30/31 won't be considered the high water mark for the 5er by future automotive historians.

It is so balanced, and the aluminum suspension is a work of art.
Appreciate 1
CarlosM4454.50