10-02-2023, 12:20 PM   #21
ghaffari46
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bmw m3 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post

Kidding right? All the currently available German EVs are better vehicles overall than the any comparable/non-comparable Tesla. Tesla might have the range, and charging network, but they lack in everything else (it’s not even close) and if that’s all you care about, than Tesla is for you. I don’t need Tesla’s range nor do I need their charging network, so there is no other reason for me to pick a Tesla over any other premium EV.

And there is no excuse for panel gap on any car.
No I’m not kidding, I have 2 BMWs and one tesla. I have had i4 for couple of months. I don’t think you have much experience with tesla.
Range is important especially if you live in US, especially in north. In subzero temperatures you can not drive these “premium German car” more than 100 miles before you get nervous.
The other thing is having a drive shaft tunnel is an electric car! Why? Yeah because they want to use the same body of their ICE car. An electric car doesn’t need to have a long overhang bonnet and a drive shaft tunnel ( like i7 and i5).
Anyhow, market will talk.
Tesla consumers return in 67%, average luxury brand 46 percent.
I’m enjoying my M2, but driving my tesla when I feel to drive an electric car. This is my second tesla and BMW has to work harder to get even close to tesla, despite the comparable price range. Just look at I4 vs tesla 3 sales numbers.
Appreciate 4
AESZ4222.00
Vervain399.50
LuckyBrand1440.00
SkykingUSA1437.50