View Single Post
      10-02-2023, 11:12 AM   #17
Scrapula
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW i5 M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaffari46 View Post
If I want to buy a premium sedan, why I don’t buy a Tesla S instead of i5?
( faster, more room in the back, way way better range, better cargo space, reliable charging infrastructure, having a useful frunk), and believe me, most of people don’t care about the panel gaps!
BMW (and the rest of Germans) have to step up their game if they want compete with tesla. Just look at tesla sales numbers.
Because the Tesla is not attractive inside or out. It has the used bar of soap shape. I honestly can’t tell one model from another. Inside, the electronics are a miss. The iPad set up and the OS features are reminiscent of Windows 95. I’m an engineer and want modern tech. I don’t consider Tesla luxury level at all. It’s the Honda Accord of EVs.

I need zero storage as my husband has an F-150 Lightning with loads of space with the crew cab, covered truck bed and frunk.
I see a lot of Teslas, for sure, but that is because of the superior charging network. My next door neighbor has 2, but he’s just a working class guy wanting to save on fuel, so he bought used. There are a lot on used car lots where I live for under $30k. Great option for a family car. The reviews mentioned executive sedan with the i5 and that is their market.
Appreciate 14