View Single Post
      05-26-2023, 07:32 PM   #111
dankage
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92

Going to echo the general disappointment. I was really looking forward to this car and waiting to decide between an i7 and i5. I'm not over the moon with the i7 design, but it at least brings something to the table and is aggressive in m sport aero package. In person, the sheer size of the 7 is impressive.

I will wait to see the new 5 in person, but the proportions remind me a lot of the 2 series sedan proportions. To me, there was always something a bit off about the 2 -- like they made a baby version of a full size sedan and scrunched things. To me it never really looked like a bmw.

I do agree the interior at least looks modern and new. The light bar and other design does potentially border on tacky/cheap, but look at Mercedes and their LEDs everywhere. Overall, I do like the more modern look and looking at older models they seem outdated. I'm thankful to see the curved screen looks more integrated into the dash than other models where you can literally see the support arm on the back -- as if someone just stuck on the screen as an afterthought.

I think it's still going to sell because BMW is in a unique price point compared to Audi and Mercedes. It's cheaper than the luxury German brands, and has way more bang for your buck and luxury than your Asian luxury vehicles for example. It's the same reason I'm considering an i7 as opposed to an S class for example. I can fully load and get a flagship model for cheaper than a top of the line Mercedes for example.

Overall underwhelmed by the exterior looks of the car. The "5" on the kink is incredibly tacky and can't believe it's on a luxury sedan.

Sigh... Fingers crossed for it looking great in person.
Appreciate 2
NGT25677.50