View Single Post
      10-10-2021, 09:05 PM   #109
AD
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels and a door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer5 View Post
https://www.wapcar.my/news/this-is-w...ook-like-30392

Found this render, interesting to say the least.
Kolesa renders are hit and miss at the start, they get closer as more camo comes off, but that only make logical sense. Still too much G30 in that render, not enough G60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimark View Post
I found this render at Auto Bild, Europe's biggest car magazine:
https://www.autobild.de/artikel/bmw-...-19481231.html
Don't recall if the reichel render was before the spy photos, but I think they were before since his render bears a lot of G70 design characteristics he used on his G70 render. Maybe he'll improve up on his render or make a new one since we now have test cars running around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimark View Post
This is a new rendering by Avarvaarii ()
Nonsense from avarvarii, like most of his other renders. Sure there are some design elements that are the same as the spy photos, but the execution is not correct. His G70 render is a disaster, the only thing it has in common with the actual design are the mirrors and that is has 4 wheels. Unless there has been a prior concept or leak, avarvarii renders are not accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Render artists have lost their creativity.

Corrected for you.
This was posted in f30 forum G60 thread and I feel it applies here as well. Most initial renders now a days are usually wrong, unless the company had a concept previewing the design or the test cars are wearing thin camo. Yes leaks help, like the 2 series coupe leak, but those are rare. As time passes some renders are more accurate, but not all.

I will agree with TheBingoBalls though, lately, maybe 1-2 years, perhaps a bit more, the design and creativity of renders have gone down. I am not sure who is to blame, is the magazines or artists?

Personally I think it is both, magazines just want renders, any renders, same for websites/blogs now. And any render now a days makes the online rounds pretty quickly, even with some looking like disasters, and I don't mean the design, but the quality of work as well.

Larson from autobild has some quality renders still, not all but a good majority follow the design/spy photos so they can be quite close to the final design. Likewise the quality of work is impressive and sometimes mind boggling how he changes the base photo.

At times Riechel also has some close renders, but not always. Autozeitung uses avarvarii now and well his stuff is usually hit and miss, emphasis on the miss. Auto motor und sport have schulte where while some cool ideas, his stuff is rather out there and rarely accurate. Then there is R.Varicak working for various publications. Way out there renders but some pretty cool ideas and good quality work most the time. The french magazines also have their own folks, and they are usually close with french brands with other magazines preferring their work for french cars. And I will say the french are more creative than most but then the french manufacturers have some creative designs as of late.

So can't blame all render artists, but some do seem to get lazy and just pump out work to make money (those that get published in magazines/websites). But magazines are not innocent as well, rather than publish close renders, some want renders that will sell magazines or pull in online views. Autocar and autoexpress come to mind for example.

Going back to the G60 and renders. The cars are still covered up pretty heavily, so understandable if some renders get the front and rear wrong but for areas that are not covered up and clearly visible, for any render artist, this is easily recreatable. Notably the side design, glasshouse. Not always easy to come up with a design if something is covered up but taking inspiration from current new models and other upcoming models with less camo, is one way to come up with designs. But then why make accurate renders when one can stick the X3 bumper on a 5 series right? Sorry for the long post.
Appreciate 0